Alternative Valentine's Day Cards // Picking The Right Card For Every (Potentially Awkward) Situation
Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and all of you happy 'shippers are getting ready to celebrate with your super-special someones. There'll be dinnerrrrrr, and candyyyyy, and wiiiiiiine, and likely a noise complaint from your next door neighbor. Go get 'em, tiger.
But, Valentine's Day can be a tricky holiday for a lot of people.
We've all had those years when we've very recently been kicked out to the curb like a hot pile of garbage (thanks, Dylan), and Valentine's Day can make you feel even more garbage-y (garbag-ier?) than you already do.
Maybe you have a friend who's been single for a while, and V-day is just another "check" on the calendar reminding them how long it's been since they've hunted for a condom.
Or, maybe they're single and feelin' just fine about it, having the time of their *lives,* and you wanna remind them that you love them and think they're effin' awesome.
Mayyyybe you're in a "new thing," and you guys haven't D'ed the R yet, and the typical frilly "I love you to the moon and back" card at the grocery store might make things a little awkwarrrrd.
Well, don't you worry. I've got you covered with some alternative Valentine's Day cards that should work for all those tricky situations and more this year. (Or, check out our full collection of Love + Friendship cards to find the perfect card for you.)
FOR YOUR BESTIE
These cards would be perfect for your BFF, from palentine to palentine, just to remind her how much you love her and would literally die if she weren't around. The "I Really Lava You" card is my personal favorite right now, and "I Love The Shit Out Of You" card sells like hotcakes this time of year.
1. "Well, look at you! #KillingIt"
2. "I love the shit out of you."
3. "If we were penguins, you'd totally be my favorite penguin."
4. "I ruff you."
5. "I really lava you."
6. "I love mew."
7. "You are really something special."
8. "You're my favorite person to do nothing and everything with."
9. "We just fit."
WHEN THE "L" WORD ISN'T APPROPRIATE
So, you've just started seeing someone, and you need something not too "touchy feely?" I highly recommend The Crush Card, created just for this purpose, or one of our more saucy cards like "You Turn Me On" or "I'd Tap That."
Our Love City card, which reads "I'm really glad I found you," is perfect for that aaaalmost serious relationship, when you know you've got something special, but maybe you haven't quite said the word yet.
1. "I mean, you're okay, I guess... (okay, so, I like you a lot) ...but, like, no big deal."
2. "I'd tap that."
3. "You turn me on."
4. "I'm really glad I found you."
5. "Sending you some love."
6. "You make everything a trillion times more beautiful."
7. "Be my Valentine? Throw me a bone!"
8. "You. Me. Here. Later."
9. "You're so sweet!"
DELIVER THESE WITH ICE CREAM
Valentine's Day can be an extra-shitty day under for a lot of our friends. :,(
Or, maybe you forgot Valentine's Day (you ass) and need to apologize in the most impressive way possible.
Let them know you care by showing up with a card, a Debbie Reynolds movie, and a gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream. (This solution works for both scenarios.)
1. "Being single on Valentine's Day sucks, I know, but at least you're not dating some ass-cactus."
2. "I made this to cheer you up." (A coloring card.)
3. "Fuck everything right now."
4. "I'm with you rain or shine."
5. "I'm really sorry I was a complete and total ____________. (Insert unpleasantries here.)"
6. "I'd be lost without you."
All designs and concepts ©2009-2017 Wink Wink Paper Co./Holley Maher. All rights reserved. Please credit when re-posting.